Page views

Ananda Marga Forum

All the letters on this blog are directly related with the teachings of Shrii Shrii Anandamurti ji Baba.To communicate with the editors of this forum or receive postings of this blog, email us at: anandamargauniversal@earthlink.net

Baba


Namaskar,


Just a reminder to be sure to subscribe to our two new blogsites:


For latest news click here Ananda Marga Universal


For latest news click here Ananda Marga News Bulletin

Or email us at: anandamargauniversal@earthlink.net


And we will be sure to add you to the list.


In Him,

Moderator



Re: About That Famous Bogus Quote #4

From: Turiiya_Deva34@fitness.disc.....
To: AM-GLOBAL
Subject: Re: About That Famous Bogus Quote #4
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 20:01:29 +0000

Baba

== RE: ABOUT THAT FAMOUS BOGUS QUOTE #4 ==

~ Part 4 ~

(Includes News About Certain Workers)


(Note: This is the fourth letter in this series. Links to the first three letters on this topic are appended below. - Eds)

Namaskar,
I am so glad that you brought up this topic about this bogus merge-in-mission quote. I have wondered about this quote for years. It makes so much sense when you say that Baba would never merge Himself into His creation. We should merge into Him through dhyana, not karma yoga.

I believe that the person(s) behind fabricating this quote and making it quote public did so to get more people to do karma yoga as a primary way of being, compared to doing more introvertive means such as dhyana.

Why would someone want others to do more karma yoga than dhyana? I don't really know for certain. Perhaps, by engaging in the work more and more, the prestige of one suborganization such as SDM over another like ERAWS might be the reason. The more work done for a particular group the more they can brag and say, 'Look what we have done. See how much we have accomplished.' Or maybe these group leaders were trying to use this as a way to gain maximum control over the margiis. Or maybe there are people out in the world that don't want others to realize the Supreme Being?


MY OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCES ABOUT THIS

I recall my own experiences from being in India for DMC and reporting with Baba. In those days, to best utilise my time and prepare my mind for His divine darshan, I would sit for 10 hours of sadhana so I might receive and see Him in a devotional way. This was my approach, by His grace. Because if the mind is fickle or extroverted then one cannot feel His true sweetness. But some did not think I should be doing 10 hours of dhyana daily because it was "unbalanced." Those who spoke like this - primarily dadas - were mainly karmiis. When in fact, doing too much karma yoga and not enough dhyana was the real cause of any imbalance for many.

Yes, there are some in the world who not only do not want to realize Baba in every sitting, but they do not want others to know Him, either! They purposely scoff and mock!

I recall one time when I meditated many hours while waiting for Baba to come to the dais and I was told later that some Didis were laughing saying,"What is he sitting like that for?! Liberation?!" When I heard that I said to myself, 'Why of course, what else would I be sitting like that for?! We must sit each time as if we want Him now, not later on. He is our priority, not just doing sadhana as if it is a chore to check off our list of things to do for the day!'

At times, I used to do sadhana outside Baba's Tiljala gates waiting for Him to go to Lake Gardens. So, my presence at that spot gave me a good vantage point. When He would leave I would get a front row seat to see Him. One time while doing long sadhana outside Baba's gates in Tiljala, one Indian LFT shouted, "Baba's coming, Baba's coming!" I leaped up to see Him and saw that it was a false alarm. The brother was hooting and hollaring with laughter that he disturbed my sadhana in such a manner. Others laughed along with him, too. I sat down and resumed sadhana. Afterwards, I thought 'Why would someone do that? Why would someone disturb another's dhyana on Baba?' I still do not have the answer except maybe they are jealous that they have not been graced by Him to sit long hours pining for Him. I don't know.

In my home country of NY Sector, when anyone sat for long sadhanas, some margiis (mostly karmiis) thought that the sadhaka was "anti-social." These karmiis would prefer to gossip, that is, talk about things other than Him. Or sometimes they were jealous and said the sadhaka was "showing off."


SUCH THINGS ARE STILL GOING ON

And while many of these events occurred years ago, I have come to know these same types of things continue to go on in the organization today:

(1) In particular, one central didi becomes angry when anyone sings during paincjanya in the jagrti / Central office (Ranchi). She bitterly complains, "What are you doing! This is my time to sleep - do not make such noise! If you must sing then do it in a whisper - this is my time to sleep!" Then didiji promptly goes back to bed.
(2) Not only that, this same didi then wakes up at 7am - if she sees that others are still doing their sadhana lessons, she cries out, "Stop your sadhana, breakfast is needed, I have to be in Central Office by 8am - quick quick." Didiji skips her sadhana and asanas entirely; she takes bath and then directly goes to take food - which others have prepared for her.
(3) The name of this Central Didi is Ananda A. She is the one who sleeps late, does not allow others to practice paincajanya, and interrupts those doing longer sadhana.
(4) DidiAnanda Niitimaya has similar habits.
(5) Then there is this point: As many know, for avadhutas, it is mandatory to do night sadhana one time per month. For tantrikas - i.e. for all Ananda Margiis - night sadhana is a very special practice. However, if any young and inspired dada or didi shows an inclination and deep interest in night sadhana, then top Wts harass and abuse that worker. They say, "This is not good - if you do more night sadhana then Baba will curse you!" So they do everything they can to discourage and mock those interested in deeper sadhana.
(6) What so speak of sadhana, even if one didi or dada is sincere in kaoshikii and tandava or half-bath, then they face abuse and ridicule from their seniors and supervisors.

Such is the "culture" that has developed in our organization. Those inclined toward spiritual practice are sidelined, abused, and alienated.



CONCLUSION

This goes hand in hand with the fabrication of the bogus quote about merge-in-mission. Top Dadas want to use this fake quote to bring all under their control. To do that, they tried to cultivate the devotional sentiment that Baba merged in the mission. But rational margins and workers can never accept such a preposterous proclamation. That bogus quote is illogical and irrational. I support those who have shown that this never appeared in any sanctioned Ananda Marga Pracaraka Samgha (AMPS) publication.

All in all, my thinking is this: If somebody does not want to attain Godhood, then so be it. But do not stop others along the way who want to become One with Him! Leave us alone!

Namaskar,
Turiiya

Note 1: IN REPLY TO...

"It is this next part that is of such a dubious nature:

"If you want to know me, work for my mission, because I have merged myself with my mission."

This part of the quote proclaims that the Cosmic Entity Baba (Ista) has merged Himself into yet another lesser entity - i.e. mission.

Here we have to remember that all beings emanate from the Cosmic Entity (Ista) - so Ista is the Hub of the entire cosmological order. Thus, there is nothing greater or bigger than Ista because that Ista is Purusottoma or the Cosmic Hub. So it is impossible for that infinite, Divine Hub to wholly merge into yet another hub. This is a false and ludicrous notion to think that the Cosmic Entity is merging into something else which has been created by Him.

Here again we can think:

Parama Purusa is the Supreme Nucleus and all the jiivas are ultimately merging into Him. He is the Hub & He is infinite. So when He is that Universal Hub and the final abode of all unit beings, then how is He going to merge into something else that is smaller which He Himself created, i.e. mission. Parama Purusa is infinite so how can He merge in that which is finite (mission). This is a totally illogical notion that goes 100% against Baba's teachings on brahmacakra, or the cycle of creation. Brahma is the Ultimate Entity and does not merge into something else. Ista does not merge into adarsha; rather, Ista is the creator of adarsha."





PRABHAT SAMGIITA

"Jyotsna'-ra'te malay va'te a'mi toma'y kato khunjechi..." (PS 3870)

Purport:

Baba, O' my Dearmost, by Your grace, my heart is aching and longing for You. With that restless heart, I have anxiously searched for You on this full moon night. Baba, in my good days I spent all my time trying to find You. I searched for You in the ocean breeze and in so many natural surroundings. Baba, I looked and went everywhere in search of You - but I could not find You anywhere. Baba, in the end I remained isolated and alone, and I resigned myself to accept that this is just my fate - not to get You.   

Baba, I longed to have Your intimate companionship and company. But I could not meet You face to face in the flower garden. I could not get You all alone - all to myself. Baba, I searched You in so many rivers, mountains and forests. But never could I get success - not anywhere. After that I tried hard to find You inside my heart; I looked within. Yet I did not see You sitting there in the throne of my heart. There also I could not find You. Baba, after all that I shed so many tears wallowing in my hopelessness of not getting You. In my frustration and agony, I have cried so much, out of my heartfelt longing for You.

Baba, I only searched for You in the effulgence. By Your grace, now I understand that You alone are the effulgence - the divine One, the most pristine Entity. So I am trying to remove whatever blackness exists in the mind - which occurred due to my own mistakes. Even today my mind remains filled with darkness because I could not get You. Baba, the darkness of my mind will only be removed when You appear, because You are the effulgence. With the pain of this melancholic longing, I request You to please make me pure so I may hold You, O' my Dearmost.

Baba, please be gracious and come into my heart...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here

Policy on Comments

Spam and unparliamentary language not to be used.

folders: Ananda Marga related articles on hundreds of niche issues

Namaskar

To receive postings of this blog, email us at: am-global@earthlink.net

Baba nam kevalam